3 Things you can customise to make Space in the Kitchen
Whether you like to whip up quick, nutritious meals or enjoy a lazy luncheon made by someone else, kitchens are an essential part of any home and are work-spaces that need to be created with care. With shrinking living spaces, kitchens are one of the areas that are usually hard hit. If you are looking to free up space in your kitchen, look no further. We’ve rounded up a few ways you can customize and make the most of your kitchen.
Select smart layouts
A well-planned kitchen layout can ensure that there is a place for everything and everything is in its place. Homemakers and working people can consider these for the kitchen interior design to create smart, functional yet elegant spaces.
- Choose from U shape, L shape, parallel or a host of other options to divide the available space. Space beneath and above can be cleverly utilized to stow away your kitchen gadgets and utensils. Modular kitchens offer the freedom to tailor spaces to suit your lifestyle and make space, improving functionality and enhance the appearance of the kitchen.
- You can include smart and integrated dining areas to add to your work-space or watch over your kids with ease. Tables that fold onto the walls or built in ones with space underneath to tuck away seats while not in use, the possibilities are endless. These can double up as an extended work area when you wish.
- Extend over the counter cabinets all the way to the ceiling. This increases the storage space in the kitchen and saves the top of the cabinets from gathering dust. Use a glass front to create the kitchen crockery cabinet to show off your delicate chinaware. Using glass or single colors for these cabinets can give the illusion of a greater area as well.
Make the cabinets work for you
No matter how large or small the space available for your kitchen, there are a number of ways to maximize storage. Deep pull-out drawers make for a great option to store your supplies and reach even the ones at the back easily. This not only makes way for clean counters but also allows easy accessibility. Make sure you get the electrical wiring to include a number of power points to run your appliances.
Utilize the corners to your advantage
“Corners are dreaded spaces to get things out of”. Not anymore.
- Many people like to store their pots, pans and small appliances here. Consider installing a corner bank of drawers or Le Man’s corner to stash these.
- You could use the space to tuck away your sink and dishwasher. This is a great way to get the dirty dishes away from the work area.
- Consider installing a small entertainment unit above the wash area. Whether you wish to listen to your favourite songs or catch up with the story so far on the T.V soaps, it can act as a lovely addition to your kitchen. You could install racks to store kitchen towels and essentials above the sink or utilize the space below to create more storage space.
Your space, your design
Explore all these and more or tune into your creative side and turn designer. MyGubbi offers customization options to suit individual needs and create tailor-made spaces to suit different life styles. This is convenience at its best, and it’s available at your fingertips.